Here’s to everyone who uses dry shampoo more than regular shampoo (is that just me?) or for anyone aspiring to save on their water bill… or maybe just someone wanting to be a little more lenient on their hair washing schedule. We really should only wash our hair only once or twice a week – but that just does not cut it for those of us with more oily hair. Dry shampoos definitely do the trick, but they usually cost upwards of $7 per bottle and only last a few weeks!
Plus, they’re the opposite of eco-friendly with the aerosol can and packaging.
Making your own is not only better for the environment but also very cost efficient – and you already most likely have the ingredients in your pantry! Therefore it is practically FREE! It only takes 2 ingredients (3 for dark hair) and under a minute to throw together.
Plus, it’s highly customizable and you can put in any essential oil to add your favorite smell! Here’s to being eco-friendly, saving money, and good hair!
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao powder (unsweetened) for dark hair
- 1-2 drops essential oil of choice (optional)
- Put all together in a mason jar and shake until thoroughly mixed
- Use a cosmetic brush to apply to scalp and greasy areas. A little goes a very long way! Be sure to tap off excess on the brush before applying
- Let set for 30-60 seconds and then brush through hair (I like to go against the grain to give it a little more body!)
- Look amazing!