It can be hard to satisfy your sweet tooth while still trying to avoid refined sugars that are terrible for your health. Most sweets out there become addictive because they send our bodies on the blood sugar roller coaster, resulting in craving even more sugar. I know I’m not the only one out there with a huge sweet tooth.
So, I have developed this Superfood Peanut Butter Cup recipe that is completely guilt free. The recipe contains cacao which is the purest form of chocolate. It is considered a superfood because it has many health benefits, including being rich in antioxidants and iron. The cups are vegan, gluten free, and so addictive!
Superfood Peanut Butter cups
Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 24 mini cups
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup (can use more depending on preference)
For peanut butter:
- ¾ cup organic peanut butter
- 1/8 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- Mix together chocolate ingredients in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Distribute out half of the chocolate mixture into mini muffin pan with paper liners. Put into freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Mix together peanut butter mixture and distribute the mixture on the now hardened chocolate in the muffin pan and put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Use the rest of the chocolate mixture you have left on top of your peanut butter cups to complete them.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat or they will melt.